Senior Manager, Social & Influencer Strategy
You will be redirected to our U.S. site.
Primary Location: Canada – Ontario – Toronto
Canada – Québec – Montreal
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our Integrated Media team in Toronto or Montreal. We’re a passionate and diverse team that protects and promotes some of Canada’s most iconic and beloved brands – and has fun while doing it!
We are looking for a collaborative, self-starter with deep expertise in social platforms and influencer marketing, who has the proven ability to create compelling storytelling narratives and bring them to life through creative digital strategies.
Our ideal candidate is a thinker and doer, ready to jump in the deep end and support the team on everything from planning and managing complex social media and influencer campaigns, compiling and analyzing reports to actively participating in creative brainstorms. Candidates should have a foundational understanding of the intersection of paid, owned and earned media in digital campaign orchestration.
In addition to digital and influencer expertise, this is a key role in building lasting relationships with clients and translating their goals into successful, integrated programs. This person will serve as a trusted strategic counselor to senior clients across multiple industries.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understanding and applying best-in-class social and paid media practices (and platform capabilities)
- Working with the Integrated Media team and client leads to support and lead the development of social media and influencer strategies and proposals
- Creating and managing social media content calendars
- Developing and leading end-to-end influencer campaigns
- Conducting landscape and social listening research to identify content, creative and strategic opportunities
- Overseeing social content development including working with the in-house content team
- Creation and presentation of reports to track campaign performance and provide insight that inform the next planning cycle
- Utilizing social listening tools to conduct audits and develop reports and campaign monitors
- Providing platform-specific counsel related to preventing, mitigating and managing issues and crisis-related scenarios
- Assisting in digital education and training programs for the wider agency
- Educating agency on best practice in the social media and digital space, proactively sharing knowledge and updates
- Assisting with new business proposals
- 5-7 years related professional experience
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing, influencer and social media landscape
- Agency experience a plus
- Strong analytical and strategic mindset
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Experience with social analytics and monitoring tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or Khoros
- Experience preferred with influencer management tools, such as Dovetale, Traackr or Tagger
- Experience preferred with social listening tools, such as Talkwalker, Brandwatch, Sysomos or other widely adopted services
- Experience preferred in setting up paid campaigns on major platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience with Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, and Instagram Analytics
- A BA or BS, or equivalent degree in communications, digital marketing, or a related discipline preferred
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
You will be redirected to our U.S. site.