Senior Manager, Resource Management
You will be redirected to our U.S. site.
Primary Location: Canada – Ontario – Toronto
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Senior Manager, Resource Management to join our Toronto office. You will work closely with project managers, account and office/community leads to gather staffing projections for our Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver offices. You will be responsible for entering data into a centralized tool, analyzing reports and creating more efficient processes when needed.
Ideally, you’re a juggler, a problem solver, and a quick thinker with a level head and excellent people skills. This important role keeps you on your toes with varying day-to-day work that is fun and challenging. You must possess a strong grasp on details associated with overall staffing & capacity management, be detail oriented and self-motivated.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Assist with talent requests, recommended possible solutions based on an understanding of needs, skillsets and bandwidth and help to facilitate conversations that will lead to increased staff utilization
- Proactively build positive relationships with all levels of talent, value based communities (VBCs), account teams & project managers – act as a widely-known, helpful resource and problem solver
- Autonomously create and drive a process for how to consistently obtain forward-looking data requiring talent allocations at a project/account and individual level and enter the data into Resource Management Tool
- Possess a firm understanding of how to synthesize and apply learnings from financial data by working with our finance partners
- Demonstrate an ability to provide intel and answer high-level questions about what people are working on and where/why they have time; ensure that the perceived workload of the group aligns with the data being reported
- Identify and flag discrepancies and demonstrate an understanding of how to efficiently address them and remove hurdles
- Prepare for and meaningfully contribute to (and in some cases drive) weekly resourcing meetings/discussions, identifying resourcing issues, facilitating discussions and sending action-oriented recaps that keep people on task
- Facilitate discussions as a result of staffing decisions as needed to keep things moving to resolution
- Support identification and engagement with vendors and associates, and
- Occasionally, work in collaboration with our Content team to secure site locations, permits, and related production needs
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Teams, emphasis in Excel
- Experience in staff planning and processes
- Agency, production or equivalent environment experience is a bonus
- Ability to manage a project from beginning to end
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- A proven upbeat, enthusiastic and self-starter attitude with the ability to inspire and motivate a variety of team members
- Knowledge and experience with various project management tools
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
You will be redirected to our U.S. site.