JUNIOR ASSOCIATE, Integrated Media
Primary Location: Canada – Quebec – Montreal
Weber Shandwick’s Montreal office is currently seeking a Junior Associate to join its Integrated Media team. The ideal candidate must be a team player with a strong understanding on how the marketing communications function impacts a client’s business and how the client’s business makes news. The candidate will work in a growing Montreal office as a part of a global organization and must possess strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English. He or she will have a strategic thinking mindset with creative problem solving abilities, refined project and team management skills and an understanding of the varied aspects of integrated marketing, including research, strategic planning and implementation. Familiarity with new communications tools, especially in the digital and social media realm, is essential.
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and target audience, and work with strategists and creative team members to deliver solutions that meet program objectives
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Generate story ideas and topic angles, draft and translate media materials, and pitch media to land earned coverage
- Support senior teams in developing strategic messaging for clients and creation of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences
- Leverage influencers (e.g. advocates, bloggers/vloggers and other relatable voices) to impact clients, their brands and marketing goals
- Provide thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across multiple channels to support paid, owned and earned channels
- Partner with creative team to ensure ideas have strong earned media potential
- Participate in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of one year of previous experience, a BA or BS degree in communications or a related discipline, and offer an integrated skillset that combines media relations, influencer partnerships and digital expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and in English, with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal team members across multiple levels and markets
- Ability to contribute to research, strategic planning, development and execution of integrated marketing and social media programs
- Strong understanding of overall social media landscape
- Exceptional judgment and ability to think critically when working with team members, clients and partners
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Independent, motivated and driven to meet key deadlines
- Strong time management skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize across complex project
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit https://webershandwick.wpengine.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.