Group Creative Director
You will be redirected to our U.S. site.
Primary Location: Canada – Ontario – Toronto
We’re looking for an innovative Group Creative Director with agency or other creative environment background who will manage several large-scale accounts. We’re seeking someone who is a highly conceptual problem solver, an articulate presenter of ideas, a builder of strong client relationships, and a manager of creative teams who will help us convey our clients’ messaging in new and ground-breaking ways. You’ll have the chance to join a team that creates award-winning work for national and global brands across social, traditional, and earned media including clients in the healthcare/pharmaceutical vertical.
You’ll be someone who values mentoring and managing teams of senior and junior creatives through example, with a keen eye for organization and detail. You know how to motivate a team, tap into their passion, drive and innovation with a sense of integrity, honesty and humility. A true leader who isn’t afraid of getting your hands dirty and creating work alongside them.
You will work closely with leadership as well as project management, production, and account leads to help propel the work forward and help win new business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Oversee multiple accounts, art directors, copywriters and videographers to find solutions for clients
- Partner with strategists and account teams to develop creative solutions and campaigns that strengthen clients’ market positions
- Lead concepting, creative development, and presentation for new business efforts
- Collaborate with teams across the region and the agency to maximize strategic resources
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas
- Cultivate an inclusive culture within the team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability while promoting continual creative integrity and growth
- Articulate and justify conceptual and design choices
- Inspire, teach and mentor members of the creative team members in further developing ideas to consistently make high-quality, award-winning work
- With the Executive Creative Director, steer collaborative efforts of the creative team
- Continually grow practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and evoke new ways of thinking
- Values teamwork, inclusivity, honesty, trust and team accountability
- A strong portfolio of work
- Prior healthcare/public health experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple clients and the creative development process in a client-services environment
- Advanced knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Deep-seated ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Successful experience mentoring teams and inspiring them to work collaboratively
- A real understanding of what makes for compelling work
- The ability to concept across a broad range of media, in a variety of tones and voices
- Video production experience – whether for online video, TV, etc. – and the ability to storyboard and art direct concise scripts accordingly
- An authentic attitude geared towards positive, solutions-focused action that always comes from a place of respect and inclusion
- Stay up to date with cultural and industry (ours and our clients’) trends
- A willingness to push creative boundaries
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
- Work in digital agencies a plus
- Education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- General awareness of Adobe Creative Suite and applications
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your skills, and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (show us how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
You will be redirected to our U.S. site.