You will be redirected to our U.S. site.
Canada – Ontario – Toronto
The Weber Shandwick Toronto Office is currently seeking an Account Director for its healthcare clients, focused on leadership of multiple healthcare accounts.
The AD is responsible for managing client and inter-agency relationships, playing a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our healthcare clients. The AD will be responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team. Responsibilities include recommending programs and activities, coordinating with clients regarding goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members and allocating agency resources that match client budgets. ADs are also engaged with, strategic program planning and the development of creative concepts. The ideal candidate will have pharma/healthcare subject matter expertise and a proven track record of managing campaigns.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Client lead for relationship building, exchange, counsel and thought leadership
- Facilitating integration efforts with other agency partners
- Driving communications support around reputational challenges
- Working across internal specialists including media, digital and creative
- Working with senior counselors on strategy
- Project management, budgeting and billing
- Experience in communicating with healthcare professionals and knowledgeable about healthcare media channels
- Experience developing relationships with third party organizations (PAGs), healthcare professionals, patients and caregivers, and in attending external meetings and events representing the agency and/or client (medical conferences, third party, events, etc.)
- Knowledge of Canada’s regulatory environment and experience as it relates to health-related products (PAAB, ASC, Health Canada)
- Possess a thorough command of the social media and the digital world, including a firm understanding of the current Canadian regulatory environment for pharmaceutical companies
- 7-9 years of agency experience with a focus on corporate/health brands and the pharma industry
- Proven ability to turn ideas into workable plans
- Capacity to convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Aptitude for financial acuity and facility in managing budgets and forecasts
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Instills confidence with clients and colleagues
- Passion for creativity, innovation and excellence in delivering quality client work
- Ability to navigate with competing demands and thrive on deadlines in an environment where every day is different and exciting
- Extremely organized and process driven
- Team player that is strong in delegation and firm in managing programs and colleague deliverables
- Knowledgeable about the pharmaceutical industry and invested in current affairs
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
You will be redirected to our U.S. site.