Vice President, Client Experience
Primary Location: Canada – Ontario – Toronto
We are looking for a Vice President – Client Experience in our Toronto office with specific expertise in consumer brands. The Vice President will be responsible for managing a large team across several skill sets and collaborating with Weber Shandwick’s Insights, Content and Integrated Media communities to develop and execute strategic and creative client plans, providing ongoing client counsel, and working with the leadership team to drive new business growth. The Vice President will lead work from concept to execution, present ideas to clients, and mentor junior talent.
- Own responsibilities for executional leadership of multiple client programs, budgets, plans
- Maintain daily client contact, serving as a trusted resource and advisor
- Facilitate cross-functional team integration (strategy, creative, integrated media specialists)
- Drive development of tactical plan, translating strategies into tactics; ensure team deliverables align with strategies
- Proactively support and suggest improvements and new ideas to exceed client expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience
- Manage ongoing team resourcing/staffing to ensure successful delivery of work product
- Contribute to the career growth of junior team members, serving as mentor and role model
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Demonstrate financial acumen in the areas of budgeting, billing and staffing
- 10-12 years of experience, preferably with some agency experience and managing large teams
- Consumer brand experience
- Experience working with integrated teams, and working on integrated campaigns (influencer, earned media, social media amplification, etc.)
- Strong decision-making and project management skills
- Ability to translate client needs into workable plans/projects
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker
- Team management; people development
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessy curious
- Problem solver
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.ca.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.