Senior Manager, Integrated Media
Job Number: 010120
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
The Weber Shandwick Toronto office is looking for a Senior Manager to join our Integrated Media team. We’re looking for a seasoned media relations and influencer specialist who can help create stories that will drive earned media, plan media events, lead announcement activations, and work with and manage influencer programs. The ideal candidate will have experience and offer an integrated skillset that combines media relations and digital expertise.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Lead proactive and strategic media outreach and manage the execution of innovative client programs
- Collaborate with senior internal agency staff to develop media strategy and ensure client deliverables are being met
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and target audience, and work with planners and creative team members to deliver solutions that meet program objectives
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Generate story ideas and topic angles, draft media materials, and pitch media to land earned coverage
- Develop strategic messaging for clients and support creation of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences • Leverage influencers (e.g. advocates, bloggers/vloggers and other relatable voices) to impact clients, their brands and marketing goals
- Provide thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across multiple channels to support paid, owned and earned channels
- Serve as a role model to team members
- Public relations experience of approximately 6-8 years – Agency experience required
- Ability to work effectively with integrated agency teams
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.ca.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.