Junior Associate, Integrated Media
Job Number: 011633
Primary Location: Canada
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking Junior Associates to join our teams in Toronto, Montreal and/or Vancouver. We’re a passionate and diverse team that protects and promotes some of Canada’s most iconic and beloved brands – and has fun while doing it!
We’re looking for team players to help us tell compelling stories for our clients through innovative and integrated earned, owned and paid media strategies. The ideal candidates have a strategic mindset, creative problem-solving abilities and top-notch project-management skills. Familiarity with both traditional media as well as digital and social platforms is key – you’ll be helping us craft awesome Financial Post stories and Instagram Stories (and everything in between).
If you’ve got a passion for PR, here’s an entry-level opportunity to kick start your career at a forward-thinking, award-winning and globally leading integrated communications agency.
- Generate story ideas and topic angles, draft media materials, and pitch media to land earned coverage
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect our clients, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Support the creation and research of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences
- Identify and build relationships with influencers (e.g., advocates, bloggers/vloggers, celebrities) to bring our clients’ stories to life through trusted and relatable voices
- Provide thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across paid, owned and earned channels
- Partner with our creative team to ensure ideas have strong earned media potential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and French for the Montreal office)
- Strong understanding of the overall media and social media landscape
- Exceptional judgment and ability to think critically when working with team members, clients and partners
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Independent, motivated and driven to meet deadlines
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to prioritize across complex projects
- A BA or BS degree in communications or a related discipline
- An internship in an agency environment is asset
- A desire to develop your skills and learn from a best-in-class team
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.ca.