Director, Integrated Media Strategy
Primary Location: Canada – Ontario – Toronto
At Weber Shandwick we build brand stories worthy of coverage, conversation and engagement. We understand the modes and means by which people see, hear and share content. We construct strategies across earned, owned and paid platforms that transform stories into trending topics.
If you’re a dynamic digital strategist with an integrated-marketing mindset, here’s an opportunity to play a leadership role at a forward-thinking, award-winning and globally leading integrated communications agency.
We are currently seeking a Director to join our Integrated Media team in Toronto. We’re looking for a self-starter who can help us tell compelling stories for our clients through innovative and integrated media strategies. The position requires a digital expert with a deep understanding of social platforms and the influencer landscape, and the role they play in the larger media ecosystem.
Reporting into the SVP of Integrated Media for Canada, this person will be a key player in planning, designing, implementing and optimizing communications programs for some of Canada’s most iconic and beloved brands.
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and target audiences, and – working in close collaboration with our Creative, Insights and Client Experience teams – lead the creation and execution of integrated multiplatform campaigns that drive meaningful results
- Provide expert counsel to clients and colleagues on social/digital/influencer best practices
- Play a lead role in the agency’s Influencer centre of excellence, which develops and manages key relationships with talent agencies and content creators, and institutionalizes a set of best-in-class tools and processes for identification, contract negotiation, content planning, measurement and ROI analysis
- Stay at the forefront of technology trends, new applications and emerging platforms to champion social and digital innovations and continuously further our offerings
- Collaborate effectively with inter-agency teams to develop holistic plans and fully integrated strategies for our clients
- Lead a high-performing team; mentor and develop junior team members
- 7-9 years of experience, preferably within an agency environment
- Strong understanding of the overall media and social landscape, with an emphasis on digital experience
- Deep expertise in managing influencer programs
- Strong knowledge of social platforms, including paid amplification and campaign optimization
- Familiarity with a broad set of social, media and influencer analytics tools
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker with excellent time-management skills
- Strong written, verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience leading a team is an asset
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.ca.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.