Digital Innovation Lead
Job Number: 009249
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Are you looking to build and lead a best-in-class digital team within a fast-paced, dynamic global agency? Do you want the opportunity to develop award-winning work on behalf of leading companies and a diverse range of clients focused on complex issues at the intersection of business, policy and society? Are you an experienced, savvy digital and social strategist, energized by opportunities to define what’s next? If so, we may have the perfect role for you.
About Weber Shandwick
“Engaging always.” At Weber Shandwick, they are the words we live by. They apply to everything we do, from the award-winning work we create to how we work together. It’s at the heart of who we are: we’re always looking for new, different and better ways to do our job – engaging people.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 77 cities across 31 countries with a network extending to 129 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and high-impact work.
About the Role
The new Digital Innovation Lead will set the standard for excellence in digital and social strategy, fueling bold and creative client work, while opening pathways for team learning, development and growth. This leader will collaborate closely with team leads and a range of issue experts for key focus areas for our agency including healthcare, brand marketing, corporate communication, healthcare, and crisis communications.
The ideal candidate will build strong partnerships with clients, translate client goals into successful, integrated, data-driven programs, and navigate the intersection of paid, owned and earned media in digital orchestration. We are looking for someone who wants to put their strategic skills to work driving engagements for great brands and on important issues, who is highly collaborative, and who is willing to grow and lead a team doing bold new things.
- Serve as the North GEO lead (Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Detroit) for the digital team
- Manage several direct reports, ensuring successful performance and growth
- Collaborate with senior colleagues to guide career development plans for staff
- Engage deeply in our business as a senior counselor to top-tier clients
- Be an active participant on the Canadian Leadership team in order to shape its future and growth
- Collaborate with NA and global integrated media and digital teams to shape the future of Weber Shandwick’s digital offering
- Evolve and accelerate North GEO digital offerings in response to changing market trends and consumer behaviour
- Design and implement high-impact integrated media strategies
- Shape campaign concepts and strategies and translate them into actionable plans with an eye towards date-driven strategies with measureable ROI
- Educate colleagues and clients about emerging trends, platforms and best practices
- Lead integrated media strategy and planning workshops with internal and client teams
- Play a key strategic and executional role in new business efforts
- Engage as an industry thought leader, both internally and externally
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience bringing stories to life using emerging media
- Outstanding communication skills to successfully present program recommendations and establish trusted relationships with senior clients
- Superb management skills to allocate resources effectively, guide teams and deliver excellent, complex programs in a timely manner
- Experience budgeting and managing projects that include content and video production, web design and development, community management, social listening, media outreach and analytics
- Proven experience building teams, managing and mentoring staff and working collaboratively in a team setting
- Deep understanding of the intersection of paid, owned and earned media in digital campaign orchestration
- Deeply engaged in the latest in digital media developments and best practices, including measurement strategies for demonstrating the impact of digital campaigns
- Experience handling financial responsibilities, SOWs and budgets
- Experience driving new business and mentoring and developing talent
- Passionate about the changing media landscape and eager to contribute to Weber Shandwick’s thought leadership in the space
- Connected within the digital industry with contacts at various platform companies and deeply ingrained in channel best practices
- Expertise in one or more of the following sectors in the Canadian market is required: Consumer marketing, corporate communications or healthcare
- Prior agency experience required
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.