Job Number: 008308
Primary Location: TORONTO, ON
The Creative Manager will work closely with the Lead Creative Director/Operations Lead in the areas of project management, resourcing, creative recruiting, and award show submissions. Work with the creative team to coordinate day-to-day agency creative efforts with the goal of creating an environment where creativity can thrive. Management of talent needs.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and obsesses about making sure everything, from the mundane to the strategic, is accomplished in a timely manner. Stays calm under pressure and is a problem solver. A master juggler of multiple priorities, likes being busy and thrives on making sense of chaos. You are highly resourceful and gregarious. You know how to find and attract great talent, spanning a spectrum of expertise and skills. You are ambitious and proactively have an eye out for growing our network of talent.
• Provides overall support to creative team and Operations
• Helps oversee the creative department to ensure a desirable atmosphere and to enable creative teams to work to the best of their abilities
• Develops an understanding of the personnel, skillsets, and workload of the Creative Team.
• Keeps track of schedules and workloads for creative team
• Participates in creative team meetings as needed
• Manages key dates including briefs, creative internals, revisions, client meetings, rough cuts, production, etc.
• Conducts regular communication with ECD to receive updates, priorities, and direction
• Keeps Creative Directors informed on status of work, and helps coordinate inter-creative group meetings to discuss new work and the progression of current assigned work
• Creates “hot list” of projects for that week to keep ECD and CD teams up to date
• Sets up systems to acquaint new creative and freelancers with agency procedures
• Responsible for creating and tracking creative project estimates.
• Liaises with ECD and Ops Lead to determine prioritizing of workflow through the creative department and helps ensure deadlines are met
• Consults with senior management to determine which creatives are available and best suited to be assigned to upcoming projects
• Work with Creative and Finance leads to track creative billing, helping to justify additional staffing needs. (Freelance/Full-time)
Creative Recruiting/ Talent Management
• Manages relationships with outside creative staffing vendors
• Assists in creative recruiting as needed, especially pertaining to freelancers, including portfolio and résumé reviews
• Responsible for helping ensure timely submissions of award show applications while staying on budget
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.