Senior Manager, Integrated Media
Job Number: 007277
Primary Location: Toronto or Montreal
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global communications agency – we’re an engagement agency. Our success is built on a deep commitment to our clients, our people, creativity, collaboration and engaging stakeholders in new and bold ways to build brand reputation and drive business results.
Weber Shandwick continues to lead and innovate in integrating earned, owned and paid media, generating consistent buzz with transformational campaigns for top brands. We invest in a diverse range of talent and currently have strategists, earned media specialists, producers, writers, developers, designers, and paid syndication and analytics experts embedded in offices worldwide.
Weber Shandwick’s Toronto office is currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Integrated Media to join its Integrated Media team.
The Senior Manager role includes the following responsibilities:
- Lead proactive, digital and strategic media outreach and manage the execution of innovative client programs
- Collaborate with senior internal agency staff to develop media strategy and ensure client deliverables are being met
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and target audience, and work with planners and creative team members to deliver solutions that meet program objectives
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Generate story ideas and topic angles, draft media materials, and pitch media to land earned coverage
- Develop strategic messaging for clients and support creation of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences
- Leverage influencers (e.g. advocates, bloggers/vloggers and other relatable voices) to impact clients, their brands and marketing goals.
- Provide thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across multiple channels to support paid, owned and earned channels
- Serve as a role model to team members
- Participation in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
We’re looking for someone with 6-8 years of previous experience, a BA or BS degree in communications or a related discipline, and offer an integrated skillset that combines media relations and digital expertise.
To do this successfully, the Senior Manager will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. They will also be collaborative and comfortable driving innovative, integrated programs.