Associate Creative Director
Job Number: 010884
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Our journey to-date might surprise you. Weber Shandwick long has been known as one of the most highly-regarded PR agencies in the world. But now, we also lead social, digital and traditional advertising assignments for some of the world’s most enduring companies and social causes.
Weber Shandwick Canada is Holmes Report Canadian Agency of the Year, IABC Canadian Large Agency of the Year (two years running), and boasts the most exciting client list of any agency in the country. But we’re still just getting started. We’re creatives, makers, producers, designers, strategists and technologists who love to unite around ideas with the ability to transcend culture.
We’re looking for an Associate Creative Director who will be a leader and a conceptual problem-solver; an articulate presenter of ideas; a builder of strong client relationships; and above all, a storyteller who will help us convey our clients’ messaging in new, creative ways.
- Develop and deliver creative solutions that strengthen clients’ market distinction and leadership position
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas
- Articulate and justify conceptual and design choices
- Guide, teach and mentor members of the Creative team in developing ideas through execution
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Mentor and lead staff to maintain consistent creative quality and award-winning work
- Lead concept, creative development, and presentation of new business development efforts
- Exceptional copywriting skills; you’ll serve as the lead copywriter on high priority client engagements
- Track record of developing breakthrough ideas, concepts, platforms, copywriting and content in paid, earned and owned media
- Advanced knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Demonstrated experience managing the creative development process in a client-services environment
- Proven leadership skills with experience guiding teams
- 7-9+ years of experience in a creative leadership role (at least 5+ years digital agency environment)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven ability as a strong copywriter
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs